Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Already slippin...

I really had good intentions with this blog.  I was hoping to blog once a day.  That hasn't happened yet.  Oh well.  I hope you all had a great 4th of July.  I went to a pool party at my friend's house.  It wasn't as epic as his party last year, but it was still pretty fun.  Luckily, the sun was out.  It was breezy, so it was just BARELY pool party weather, but I think everyone spent some time in the pool, and that's what's important.  We don't have many opportunities for pool time in our fog-covered peninsula.

Lately I've been skating a lot and worrying about money.  I live in one of the most expensive areas in California, but work for one of the lowest-paying districts in California (makes sense, no?).  Even though I have a career, I still live paycheck to paycheck and really have nothing in my savings account.  Some of it is my fault--credit cards are the devils, and other expenses are just...unavoidable--student loans, medical bills (I was taken to the hospital via ambulance at the beginning of June and my bill was over $2,000).  I hate living paycheck to paycheck.  I got paid  a week ago and already, I have less than $200 until July 30th!!!!  All of my bills are paid, thank God, but I'll be eating a lot of pasta for the next couple of weeks.  Can't wait to go visit my parents and brothers on Sunday.


Okay, I'm not going to complain anymore.  One of my goals this year is to be more positive.  So, on that note, I'll say that I'm really excited that tonight Jolicious and I are going to go skate with Rogue (she used to coach Santa Cruz and she's an AMAZING skater.  I know we'll learn a lot from her).

Here's a quick "hello" from me to you! (I was waving and the webcam freaked out)

No comments: