Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, 2011

I'm superstitious about some silly things, and I have this weird thing where I believe that January 1st is sort of a microcosm of what how the year will go.  I know it's silly, but I can't help but enter 2011 with trepidation because I spent January 1st in bed.  I've been sick since Tuesday, off and on.  I've had weird stomach pains and I'm not sure what is causing them.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come this year.  I really, truly hope that 2011 is awesome.  I haven't had an "awesome" year in a while.  I have a teacher work day tomorrow and the kids come back Tuesday.  I'm really not looking forward to it, though I did find that I missed most of my students over this break.

I do already know that there will be some positive points this year:  we're forming home teams and are going to have our first derby season!  I also got new skates for Christmas and will be breaking them in!



Some things I'm all about right now:  Ben Harper, The Big Bang Theory, and Butternut Squash soup.  And the nerd in me is smiling at the alliteration in that list :)

No comments: