Monday, June 28, 2010

I wanna be the girl with the most cake...

Jesse, Marissa, and I planned on chasing the sun up to Santa Cruz today, but instead ended up leaving the sun behind in Monterey only to find that Santa Cruz tucked in under a blanket of fog.  Determined not to be defeated, we decided it wasn't too cold to go lay on the beach and read/nap, which is exactly what we did. I borrowed ShopGirl from Marissa.  So far, it's entertaining.  Interesting.  Different than I expected Steve Martin's writing to be--not that I had any preconceived notions about Steve Martin's writing to begin with.  The sun joined us around 1:30, so the day wasn't a total loss.

After beach time, we walked around downtown Santa Cruz.  I bought some socks with roller skates on them, and a used copy of Hole's Live Through This.  I absolutely love 90's alternative and adore Courtney Love--crazy/drugged or sober, she's a fucking poet.

Tomorrow we move to our new practice space.  I don't know how 30 girls are going to fit on that floor, but we'll make it work because it's a flippin steal.  The league meeting should be interesting as many, many, many things are changing (which will both please and disappoint many) and our recruiting chair just resigned.  Annd, after practice:

No comments: